English Communication V
Television Dictation 1
- What'd you do with the rest of your time?
- We'd like to talk to you for a minute, if you don't mind.
- You see, I'm kinda short on friends in here, in case you haven't noticed.
- Shall we pick up where we left off last time.
- I'm not interrupting anything, am I?
Television Dictation 2
- I didn't hire you to just sit here and watch.
- But either way, I'm gonna get to the bottom of it.
- But she looked me in the eye, a - and she told me the truth...
- I think it's because part of you knew you were gonna need a friend.
- He's a friend of the family.
Television Dictation 3
- I'm gonna have to ask you to leave now.
- We're not gonna let anything happen to you.
- I spent a lot of time and money getting these glasses.
- As a matter of fact, he's right in front of the building.
- What I think is you lived here most of your life, and now you're gonna get kicked into the street because they didn't live up to their end of the bargain.
Television Dictation 4
- Can you remember the last time you spoke on the phone or saw each other?
- I hope you don't mind me saying so, but I think you're making a mistake.
- Sometimes, I wake up in the middle of the night, and I can't sleep for hours.
- For a man who's running out of time, you don't seem to be in much of a hurry.
- You know, at the end of the day she was wrong, because you're not alone.
Television Dictation 5
- He's not made or received a phone call since Wednesday of last week.
- You know, I can't remember the last time I stayed up all night and talked like that.
- All he had to do was pick up the phone and call, but instead, nothing.
- Tell him to set up a meeting for tonight.
- Well, since there's a good chance that things are coming to an end, I just wanted to say thank you for everything that you've taught me.
Television Dictation 6
- I thought you were gonna keep your thoughts to yourself.
- Well, what difference does it make where we get our money from?
- After all these years, I feel as if we actually know each other.
- We're glad you could make it.
- Because I'm telling you the truth.
Television Dictation 7
- 1. You mind if I join you?
- 2. And then we'll figure out what happened to you.
- 3. Why don't you just mind your own business, okay?
- 4. I think I might owe you an apology.
- 5. Well, there's a good place to start.
Television Dictation 8
- John, have a cup of tea, make yourself at home.
- You told me once that you think maybe things happen for a reason.
- And just so you know, I have no idea what you're talking about.
- Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
- You were the one who decided you wanted to be a part of this.
Television Dictation Unit 9
- Are you really prepared to spend the rest of your life with someone you know you will never love?
- Can you hold on a minute?
- I've been like this for as long as I can remember.
- That's exactly what they said, right before they offered me a job.
- Now I'm gonna ask you a question, and I want you to be honest with me.
Television Dictation Unit 10
- I know it's not the end of the world, but I don't like it.
- In fact, I gave it a lot of thought and I decided it was time for us to live together.
- After everything that's happened, you really have nothing to say to me?
- Okay, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that exactly what we were supposed to stop from happening?
- Based on the fact that you were late, and you didn't notice the pictures in the outer office.