Term 2 Week 5
Form-Focused Dictation Unit 14: Reduced "can" and "can't" /kɑn/ vs. /kænt/
- He can work, but he can't do it for very long.
- I can't get it to start at all.
- I can't remember if anything like that is around this area.
- I don't know how people can do that stuff.
- But how can we do it if we don't know what it is.
Random Rapid Dictation Unit 14
- After you turn this to the right, a light should go on.
- Perhaps you can pick up some problems to talk about.
- He is an only child.
- Change will certainly come after he gives away all his money.
- I'm not sure if I believe you or not.
Discussion Questions for Dictation Unit 14: How Things Work
- Can you explain how to take a picture with a digital camera or cell phone?
- How do you take a picture with your friends at a print-club booth?
- Tell your classmates how to send e-mail on your cell phone?
- Can you tell me how to get some food in the cafeteria?
- Tell us about your favorite modern invention and how you use it.